At UniCredit, we focus on doing what matters. We are a strong European bank with 25 million clients worldwide. We are united by a friendly atmosphere, our human approach and the desire to be the best in the industry and one step ahead of others. The client is our number one priority, which is why we aim to employ talented employees who can provide our clients with the best care.
UniCredit Services provides ICT solutions within UniCredit Group the pan-European Commercial Banking Group in Austria, Germany, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia and Hungary.
We are looking for BACKEND DEVELOPER with COBOL to join in Prague our new global center of excellence for SW development of common business solutions in the Transactions & Payments area for all Banks of UniCredit Group.
First you will be focused on SW development for products for corporate perimeter especially in Payments area as:
- e-Banking solution for Germany corporate clients
- Project for corporates IT, DE, AT- development of dedicated tailor-made products (i.e. Market place)
- Payments Transformation Program in AT&DE - complete architectural and infrastructural transformation - (API, Microservices), European gate transformation, Pricing manager, International payments evolution
In the In the future the focus will be on SW development of Payments, Digital Channels, Trade Finance apps for corporate clients of all UniCredit Banks across all regions.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Analyze internal solutions using predominantly Main Frame languages and technologies
- Design, implement and maintain Main Frame applications in T&P landscape
- Analyze Business Requirements to define ICT components to support the needs
- End-to-end responsibility throughout the software development life cycle (including development, testing, deployment and maintenance)
- Write technical documentation throughout the software development life cycle
- Analysis and resolution of incidents
- Ensure to deliver secure and good quality software within the deadlines and according to UniCredit policies and guidelines
- Contribute to team discussions by sharing your experience and your knowledge with the team
- Create detailed documentation about design and implementation of developed components
- Support continuous improvement, exploring different alternatives and technologies, able to think and
- propose architectural review if needed
- Be part of an international inclusive team with a diverse background
What skills and experience you will bring to us?
- At least 3 years of experience with with the following technologies:
- COBOL language
- JCL management
- GDG management
- DB2 DataBase
- Main Frame environment (z/OS)
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of monitoring tools like Splunk
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and focus on business value.
- And knowledge of:
- English fluency (speaking and writing)
- Degree in computer science/software engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong curiosity and passion for Main Frame technologies and software solutions with willingness to learn and grow in an nternational IT environment
- Ability to work tightly with the other team members, also with those remotely located
- Proactivity, problem-solving mindset, result-oriented approach, commitment to deadlines, prompt issue communication, and escalation
Our offer to you?
- Flexible working hours + the possibility of working remotely 2 days / week;
- A professional and friendly work environment
- Career in a leading international banking group, build on the diversity of its strong local roots
- Dynamic and multinational environment, full of growing opportunities
- 25 days of vacation + 4 paid days for regeneration and + birthday leave
- 6 sick days / year
- Meal voucher (135 CZK per day fully paid by employer) + canteen directly in the office building
- 20 000 benefit points in fringe benefits system
- Banking products for favorable terms
As a major financial institution, UniCredit thrives in a truly international dimension. We span 50 countries and give growth opportunities to people who share our excitement for constantly building on our local roots and strong European identity